"Crocheting acts as a mental and physical therapy and there are many beautiful things that are created in the process" - Today's Crochet World

Friday, February 7, 2014

Wow, It's been entirely too long!!

Hello out there.
I realized that it has been entirely too long since I've posted to my blog. Almost 10 months! My little bubba will be a year old next month!
I've been taking a look at where I want Crochet by LadyDay to go. What goals do I have for my blog, my Etsy shop, my Facebook page and my twitter account. And, let's not forget Google+.

After talking to some people, and getting a little nudge from a new friend (Apollonia), I've decided not to give up on the blog. I will not be posting every day, I will post once or twice a week. This way I feel like I have something to say, something to catch everyone up on. I am also going to reorganize the format.

I will have blog pages (Obviously), a photo gallery, and I am going to try to post as many new patterns of my own design as possible. The patterns will be a separate section. Along with patterns, I will also post my work in progress. Whether it's my original design or another pattern that I am working on.

If anyone has any ideas on different sections for my blog, or any suggestions or criticisms (please be polite with critiques) I can handle negative reviews as long as they are given with tact.

Since my last post, many things have happened in my life. As I said, my grandson was born last March. He is almost 11 months old, and he is just about walking. I kind of have this feeling that my daughter hasn't told me that he's walking because I am going down to see them this weekend and she may surprise me. She sends me photos and videos almost everyday and I try to get down to see him at lease once a month for a few days. We live about 100 miles away from them. This is difficult because I want to spend as much time with him as possible, but I also love the laid back atmosphere of living in a small town in the mountains. It seems to work OK this way, at least I get to spend quality time with him when I go down.

My husband, who is 54 years old, had a heart attack with quadruple by-pass surgery in 2007. This year he has been having a lot of problems. He has been in the hospital several times for chest pain, extremely high blood pressure and other cardiac and respiratory issues. He gave me a few good scares. Unfortunately, this also means he misses a lot of work d that reflects in his pay check. It's already tight enough with me being on disability, but with him missing work, it is really getting tight.
We have both had issues with our backs, in particular, sciatica. I've had several intra muscular injections that held me over until I could get an epidural and that helped me tremendously. Now he has been in excruciating pain, some days he can barely walk and when he tries, the pain drops him to his knees. Of course, he is stubborn and I've been trying to get him to go to the emergency room to get the Intramuscular injection until his doctor figures out how she wants to handle it, but it's like leading a horse to water. You just can't make him drink! I'm, going to pull out the big guns and call his doctor myself today!

My youngest son just turned 16 on Feb. 5th. He is bugging the heck out of me to take him to get his learners permit. I am going to try to take him on Saturday, if not, then after school on Monday or Tuesday. If anyone lives in Northeaster Pennsylvania, you may want to pay extra attention on the roads for a while! lol. He is a good kid. He is a Boy Scout, and he will achieve the highest rank in Scouting by the spring. He will get his Eagle. He has worked really hard over the years to stay on top of advancing in rank and earning the necessary merit badges. He also completed an incredible Eagle project. For those of you who are not familiar, Scouts have to do a large project that will benefit the community as a whole. He did a large project that really helped the local reservoir and dam. I will post more about that in deatail another time.

So, as you can see, there have been many things in my life, good and bad that I've had to deal with. I am going to separate my blog into sections and post in the appropriate section as I go.

It's good to be back. Please pass on the word about Crochet by LadyDay. I will do the same for you.

Happy Hooking!!
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment