"Crocheting acts as a mental and physical therapy and there are many beautiful things that are created in the process" - Today's Crochet World

Monday, March 17, 2014

So much to do, so little time to do it!

Greetings!
I made a commitment to myself to post to my blog at least once a week. Well, I learned a long time ago that if you want to make God laugh, make plans! As you can see, my plan has not worked.
I will just try to post as often as I can.
I am working on several projects at once (as usual) and I am very excited about all of them.
I am most excited to share with you the news of my latest windfall.
A local carpet company had a fire in 2012, they had 6 tons of wool that was not damaged in the fire, but for whatever reason, they were not allowed to use it to make a profit. Rather than see it go into a landfill somewhere, they decided to give the wool away to anyone who wanted it.
Thank God for good friends. The day they were letting people come in to get the wool, I was not able to go down to Bucks County. A very good friend of ours went and got me as much as he could. And WOW! he got a lot! I have 5 boxes full of wool wound on cardboard rolls. He sent me pictures of it when he still had it in laundry baskets that I will post on here later.
The only problem, it is very rough. I am in the process of trying different techniques to soften it up. I am using small amounts at a time, both crocheted patches and loose strands to see which way works best.
I am using a technique right now with a vinegar soak first, then a rinse in shampoo and a soak in hair conditioner. After I have tried several techniques, I will post the best option on here.

I am also working on developing a pattern for "Cranky Pants" or "Monster Butt Pants" for a toddler. The only crochet pattern for these pants that I have found is being sold for a ridiculous amount of money. She is asking $80 just for the pattern. I have found several patterns to knit the pants, but I do not knit. Once I have come up with something I am happy with, I will offer the pattern at a reasonable price.

I am working on the final stages of a  blanket that I am making for a friend. It is taking me longer than usual to make the blanket due to health issues. I have chronic pain. And recently my new doctor has made some drastic changes in my medications and I cannot sit and sew the squares together for very long. I am only able to do 5 or 6 squares before I have to stop for a while. The pain just get to be to much. Especially my back and legs.

Of course with Easter fast approaching I am also working on  a few Easter projects as well. I have an order for 4 "Peeps Pillows" that will need to be finished before the holiday gets here. I had one of them done and clutsy me accidentally spilled a full cup of coffee and it splashed all over the finished item. I wanted to scream. I was so mad at myself.

My grandson will be a year old in less than 2 weeks. How time flies!

Keep an eye out for those pictures I will get them on here as soon as I download them on to my computer.
Happy Hooking Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment