"Crocheting acts as a mental and physical therapy and there are many beautiful things that are created in the process" - Today's Crochet World

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Introduction

Hello all. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Laurie. I recently created Crochet by LadyDay with encouragement from my son.
I had to stop working due to an illness and I am now home on disability. I was getting depressed and bored so I picked up an old hobby that I loved for years. Crochet. I started to crochet when I was little, I think around 9 or 10, maybe younger. I would pick up a hook and yarn off and on during the years but nothing serious. A few months ago, I decided to start to crochet again, but this time seriously. I started off making afghans for my family, and then started to try different patterns. I have accumulated so many items that my son suggested I start selling them at craft fairs. I enlisted my family and friends to help with ideas about how to market my product, a name for a web page, and other details. I decided to go with Crochet by LadyDay for two reasons. My father (a while ago) was teasing my email name and said I should change it to Ladyday, and when I thought of this, my second reason came, it rhymes.
I sat down and created a web page www.crochetbyladyday.webs.com, I created a facebook page, crochet by ladyday, and this blog.
I hope to reach not only others who love to crochet, but people who may not know how enjoyable this hobby can be.
I hope to build this blog by adding pictures of the items I crochet as well as some patterns that I come up with. I will also talk a little bit about me and how things are going.
I would like to thank you for reading my blog, and encourage you to please comment. I am always open to new ideas and any suggestions you may have to help improve my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment